Commercial Litigation at The Lanier Law Firm
In addition to representing individuals, The Lanier Law Firm has significant experience working on behalf of businesses suing for breach of contract, patent infringement, employment disputes, antitrust, fraud, and other causes of action.
Our Commercial Litigation Practice Group helps businesses in legal actions against larger competitors who use unfair and illegal business practices to gain a competitive edge. Our aggressive approach to business litigation has resulted in several noteworthy – and often highly confidential – recoveries for our clients:
- Retractable Technologies Inc., a syringe manufacturer, in an antitrust case against industry giant Becton Dickinson and Company, the world's largest manufacturer of medical syringes and needles, and Premier and Novation, two hospital Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), alleging anti-competitive conduct that foreclosed RTI from access to the multi-billion-dollar hospital market;
- A noted national pharmaceutical-benefits provider in a significant breach-of-contract matter against a major New York metropolitan-area healthcare association;
- An individual who was employed as a news producer in a breach of contract claim against a major broadcast network, which resulted in a confidential settlement;
- A medical device patent holder alleging breach of contract and patent infringement against one of the world's largest manufacturers of medical products; and
- A small company in the business of creating and licensing software suitable for industrial use in a breach of contract and fraud action against a large foreign corporation.
Recent commercial litigation cases handled by The Lanier Law Firm include:
- Representation of a well-published musician in a copyright matter to determine the rights maintained by the musician and subsequent copyright claims against a record label;
- Representing a key leader in the oil and gas industry with respect to his ownership interest of a very successful exploration company in South Texas;
- Securing a verdict for 130 Ingersoll Rand Plc employees in a lawsuit over unpaid bonuses related to the sale of an Ingersoll Rand subsidiary; and
- Representation of businesses in lawsuits filed against Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs) over allegations that the GPO has engaged in anti-competitive business practices that has restrained fair market competition and prevented our clients from gaining entry into a relevant market. (A GPO is an entity that leverages the purchasing power of a group of businesses to obtain discounts from vendors based on the collective buying power of the GPO members. Group purchasing is used in many industries, but it is common practice in the grocery, health care, electronics and agricultural industries.)
Not only do our business clients benefit from our courtroom expertise, but many of our opponents have gone on to hire us to represent them in their own disputes. Clearly, they know that it's better to have The Lanier Law Firm with them than against them.
Contact The Lanier Law Firm for more information about our commercial litigation practice.