Executive Committee for The National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff
Free Case Evaluation
New York Office
126 E 56th St.
New York, NY 10022
Cristina takes an imaginative approach to resolving complex disputes that has earned her recognition from her peers and brings value to her clients. She prides herself on her ability to build relationships, partner with other firms at all stages of litigation, and unify efforts for the benefit of claimants on a global scale.
Cristina has played an integral role in several complex litigation cases, and has been asked to speak at multiple legal forums, including: “Science and Causation: Details Beyond Hearing Loss,” HarrisMartin 3M Combat Earplugs Litigation Conference: Military Discovery, Science and Other MDL 2885 Hurdles (New Orleans, LA); “3M Earplug Litigation Update,” HarrisMartin MDL Conference (Austin, TX); “The MDL Early Vetting Committee – Putting Our Best Foot Forward by Vetting the Cases Early,” HarrisMartin MDL Conference (Austin, TX); and 30,000 FT Review of Current Mass Torts (3M, Juul, HIV/TDF, PPI, Essure), HarrisMartin MDL Conference: Zantac, Sex Trafficking and Emerging Mass Tort Litigation (Tampa, FL).
Community and Professional Activities
- Co-led the trial team and spearheaded several efforts of In Re: EpiPen (Epinephrine Injection, USP) Marketing, Sales Practices & Antitrust Litigation, No. 2:17-md-02785-DDC-TJJ (D. Kan.), resulting in a $609 million settlement.
- Performed substantial common benefit work in In Re: 3M Combat Arms Earplug Products Liability Litigation MDL No. 2885 on behalf of the PSC’s Early Vetting Subcommittee.
- Performed substantial common benefit work in In Re: Acetaminophen – ASD-ADHD Liability Litigation MDL No. 3043 on behalf of the PSC’s Discovery Subcommittee.
- Served on the trial team for a coalition of sugar farmers and producers, in their suit against agribusiness conglomerates for false advertising. Western Sugar Cooperative, et al. vs. Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, et al., 2:11-cv-03473 (C.D.Cal.).
- Key member of the trial team that secured a favorable settlement for San Antonio’s Harlandale Independent School District in litigation charging that HVAC equipment installed in school buildings created a hazardous mold problem. Harlandale I.S.D. vs. Trane America LLC, et al., Cause No. 2014-CI-14693, 57th Judicial District Court, Bexar County, Texas.
- Key member of the trial team that secured a favorable settlement on behalf of a Texas medical education company for claims that a potential business partner stole the company’s trade secrets and competed against it in violation of a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Graduate Medical Education Development, LLC v. St. George’s University, LTD., et al. 4:15-cv-02641 (S.D. Tex.).