Product Liability Litigation at The Lanier Law Firm
When a consumer buys a product, they rightfully expect it to perform safely and efficiently. Unfortunately, that isn’t always the case. Use of defective products can result in tragic consequences.
A defective product is one that was either designed with defects or was manufactured improperly. Flawed design or manufacturing defects may result in unsafe products that cause injury to consumers. There have been countless cases of defectively or dangerously designed consumer products harming and often killing consumers, including children.
In a products liability case, the law may find blame with any or all individuals involved in the manufacture of a product. This can include the designer, manufacturer, supplier and retailer. These individuals may be held liable for any injury their product causes.
For years, The Lanier Law Firm has represented consumers who have been seriously injured by defective products, both at home and in the workplace. Among the kinds of cases we’ve handled are:
- Vehicle rollovers
- Airbag injuries
- Boat accidents
- Infant and child automobile safety seats
- Commercial airline crashes
- Unsafe baby furniture and toys
- Electrical injuries
- Industrial equipment defects
- Industrial plant injuries
- Faulty Chinese products
- Evenflo high chair recall
- Talcum powder product liability
- EpiPen price-gouging
- Philips Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
- Our attorneys successfully resolved claims on behalf of a 6-year-old girl who choked to death in front of her father and siblings after swallowing a toy ball that was included in a child’s meal from a fast food restaurant;
- The Lanier Law Firm settled the claims for a toddler who suffocated under the weight of a dresser, which fell forward onto the child when the child was opening one of the drawers. The dresser was easily tipped over due to a design defect;
- The Lanier Law Firm settled claims against an automobile manufacturer after an SUV rollover accident resulted in the deaths of two family members and severe injuries to two others;
- Our attorneys successfully litigated a claim on behalf of a 30-year-old truck driver who herniated four discs when his head struck the ceiling of an International Harvester tractor trailer rig. The jury found both manufacturing and marketing defects in the cab portion of the rig.
- Family members received a 7.5 million dollar settlement after a defective product caused the death of a toddler.
Our work on behalf of clients has resulted not only in financial recoveries, but has also put pressure on manufacturers to design safer toys, furniture, automobiles, and the like. While no amount of money can truly compensate our clients for a debilitating injury or the loss of a loved one, they, and we, are gratified knowing that future consumers might not be put at the same risk.
For more information about product safety, we encourage you to visit the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.