Hi, I’m Alex Abston and I’m a member of the trial team at the Lanier Law Firm. I’ve actually been at the Lanier Law Firm since I was an intern in high school, and so I’m coming up on what is a little bit over 10 years of time spent at the Lanier Law Firm. I
was an intern and then I was a clerk during law school in our appellate in asbestos departments, and now I’m here and I’m a member of a trial team. So I’m so grateful to be able to work with amazing, incredible people like Evan and so many others, to form a trial team that advocates for our clients passionately and to the fullest extent of the law, we hold other people accountable for the mistakes and the harms that they’ve caused.
Our plaintiffs who are victims. We truly are honored to tell their stories every single day, and we are honored to be their advocates in the judicial system, but we’re even more honored to just know them as human beings and to be able to walk alongside them through this process.
Alex Abston is an associate attorney in the Houston office. Alex’s practice areas include product liability, pharmaceutical liability, and toxic torts. As a member of The Lanier Law Firm’s trial team, her focus is primarily on mass torts and multidistrict litigations.
Alex began work at The Lanier Law Firm as an intern in 2011. She spent her college and law school summers as a law clerk within the Firm’s asbestos, personal injury, and appellate divisions. Throughout her collegiate years, she also coached high school speech and debate. Previously, Alex clerked for a prominent complex litigation firm focused on products liability, pharmaceuticals, and sexual abuse civil lawsuits.
Alex enjoys spending time with her family and their golden retrievers. She resides in Houston where she is a loyal supporter of the Astros, Texans, and Rockets.
Most recently, Alex is representing counties in their various multidistrict and state litigations regarding the devastation of the opioid epidemic. She is also part of the trial team representing the EpiPen purchasers in their nation‐wide antitrust lawsuit. Previously, Alex assisted in advocating on behalf of women in their asbestos‐related suits against Johnson & Johnson’s talcum powder products.
Admissions and Certification
- State Bar of Texas
- J.D. – University of Houston Law Center
- Bachelor of Science in Communication and a Minor in Business Administration – Abilene Christian University, magna cum laude
- Best Lawyers “Ones To Watch” – 2024 – Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Honored as one of Texas’ “Top 40 Under 40” Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers
- During law school, she was awarded for her writing on the modern ethical dilemmas facing the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Honored by The Houston Business & Tax Law Journal as “Editor of the Year” for her work as Senior Assistant Executive Editor
- Selected by The Abilene Christian University faculty and administration as her graduating class’s “Honor Woman of the Year.”
Community and Professional Activities
- Member of The National Trial Lawyers
- Member of The American Association for Justice
- Member of The Texas Trial Lawyers Association