Kevin P. Parker is the Managing Attorney of the Issues and Appeals Section of The Lanier Law Firm. His pre-trial work insures that client cases will stand the test of an appeal. Mr. Parker is an accomplished lawyer, having personally handled more than 20 cases at the appeals court level.
- Member of the Appellate section of the State Bar of Texas
- Member of the Christian Legal Society
- Serves on the board of elders for Cypress Bible Church
- Serves on the board of directors for Houston Legal Aid Center
Mr. Parker lives in Houston with his wife Renee and their two children. Mr. Parker and his family are integrally involved in promoting the rights of persons with disabilities in Houston and across the United States.
- Key member of the firm’s Pinnacle bellwether trial team that won a $1 billion combined jury verdict and a $502 million jury verdict in 2016
- Helped secure a milestone opinion from the Supreme Court of Texas denying the sovereign immunity protection claims of GTECH, a contractor that produced and printed scratch-off tickets for the Texas Lottery Commission
- Presented oral argument to the Missouri court of appeals in support of a $2.11 billion judgment. The court upheld the judgment against Johnson & Johnson on the claims of 20 plaintiffs who contracted ovarian cancer through the use of the companies’ talcum powder
- J.D. – Texas Tech University School of Law
- B.A. Journalism – Texas Tech University
- Board certified in civil appellate law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Licensed in
- Texas state and federal courts
- The United States Courts of Appeals for the Second, Fifth Eighth, and Tenth Circuits
- The U.S. Supreme Court
- Selected to the Best Lawyers in America list by S. News and World Report
- Honored as a Super Lawyer by Thompson Reuters
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell
- Named to the Lawdragon 500 – Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers
- His Issues and Appeals practice group was among 24 national firms honored for excellence in appellate work by the National Law Journal’s Legal Awards
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100