Hi, my name is David Kuttles. I’m an attorney and I work in the Drug and Medical Device, Pharmaceutical Litigation Division, at the Lanier Law Firm. I’ve been working at the Lanier Law Firm for over 18 years, handling all aspects of claims and lawsuits related to defective drugs and medical devices, from Vioxx to Bextra and Zyprexa, to pelvic mesh and hernia mesh. More recently, I’ve been involved in handling claims concerning serious injuries related to Tepezza, which is a thyroid eye disease condition and artificial tears that have been contaminated.
Before working at the Lanier Law Firm, I was working in a small boutique firm downtown, also handling personal injury cases. More importantly, I was working closely with each individual client in an effort to achieve compensation for their injuries. Here at the Lanier Law Firm, we are very fortunate to have the resources and the experience to handle cases involving thousands of clients on a national level, but again, more importantly, to work individually with each client. The Lanier Law Firm has always provided these resources, and I am proud to say that I’m an attorney here at the firm.
David Kuttles is an associate at The Lanier Law Firm, practicing in the areas of defective pharmaceutical and medical device litigation, general products liability litigation, and personal injury litigation. David has experience in litigating, arbitrating and mediating bodily injury claims involving products liability, premises liability, motor vehicle accidents, and job-related accidents.
David received his law degree from Albany Law School, Albany, NY, in 2001. During law school, David interned for the Honorable DavidR. Homer, U.S District Court for the Northern District of New York, and was a member of the Albany Law School Moot Court Board. David earned his undergraduate degree from Utica College of Syracuse University in 1997, at which time he also served as an investigative intern for the Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C. Prior to joining The Lanier Law Firm, David was a litigation associate at a personal injury law firm in downtown New York, NY. David is a huge baseball fan, and enjoys spending time with his family, including being involved in sporting activities for his daughter and son, as much as possible. David lives in New Jersey with his wife Lara, son Ethan and daughter Gloria.
At The Lanier Law Firm, David has litigated cases on behalf of hundreds of plaintiffs/claimants from around the country in various federal and state court mass tort litigations, including but not limited to the following:
- In Re: Davol/C.R. Bard Hernia Mesh Multi-Case Management Coordination, Master Docket No. PC-2018-9999
- In Re: Ethicon Physiomesh Flexible Composite Hernia Mesh Products Liability Litigation; MDL No. 2782
- In Re: Atrium Medical Corp. C-Qur MeshProducts Liability Litigation; MDL No. 2753
- In Re: C. R. Bard, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation; MDL No. 2325
- In Re: American Medical Systems, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation MDL No. 2326
- In Re: Boston Scientific Corp. Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation; MDL No. 2327
- In Re: Ethicon, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation; MDL No. 2387
- In Re: Coloplast Corp. Pelvic Support Systems Products Liability Litigation; MDL No. 1943
- In Re: Levaquin Products Liability Litigation; MDL No. 1968;
- In Re: Digitek Products Liability Litigation; MDL No. 1953
- In Re: Heparin Products Liability Litigation; MDL No. 1928
- In Re: Trasylol Products Liability Litigation; MDL No. 1699
- In Re: Bextra and Celebrex Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation; MDL No. 1596,and the New York State Coordinated Proceedings
- In Re: Zyprexa Products Liability Litigation; MDL No. 1586
- In Re: Levaquin Litigation, Case No. 286 (State of New Jersey)
- In Re: Vioxx Litigation, Case No. 619 (State of New Jersey)
- J.D. – Albany Law School
- Bachelor’s degree from Utica College of Syracuse University
Admissions and Certification
- Licensed to practice law in the State of New York
- Licensed in U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- David has been selected to the annual Super Lawyers® in the New York Metro area since2016. In 2020, David was also named to the Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers, one of the most respected guides to the legal profession.
- Best Lawyers 2024 – Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs
Community and Professional Activities
- Member of the New York County Lawyers Association
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA)
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association