Judson A. Waltman:
My name’s Judd Waltman. I’m an attorney at The Lanier Law Firm. I went to Baylor University for my undergrad, and then I went to Texas Tech School of Law in Lubbock. I practiced law in Lubbock for seven years before moving to Houston. When I moved to Houston, I came to the Lanier Law Firm, and I’ve been here for over 20 years, exclusively doing litigation work. I’ve handled numerous cases against major commercial carriers, numerous cases against trucking companies, various accidents of all kinds, against injuries of all types, over a course of 25 years of my career.
Judson (Jud) Waltman, a native of Lufkin, Texas, is the Managing Attorney in Houston over Personal Injury, Product Liability and Maritime Litigation. Jud joined The Lanier Law Firm in 2002 and limits his practice almost exclusively to the representation of individuals who are victims of injury or death. He handles cases involving commercial truck collisions, product liability, medical malpractice as well as a focus on workplace injuries and oil field accidents.
He lives in Houston with his wife Dwana and their two children, Jackson and Ellie. He is an active member of Faithbridge United Methodist Church. He enjoys fishing and an occasional golf outing in his spare time.
- Received one of the largest verdicts in the history of Ward County, Texas for an injured oilfield worker
- Has generated several of the firm’s largest settlements on behalf of clients who were catastrophically injured by commercial carriers
- Most recently obtained a 2 million dollar verdict for an injured worker in Central Texas obtained favorable rulings from the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals on a number of legal issues, including personal jurisdiction and parent corporation liability.
Admissions and Certification
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 1996
- Admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
- Licensed to practice in New York State
- Undergraduate – Baylor University – History and Spanish
- JD – With honors, from Texas Tech University School of Law
- Best Lawyers 2024 – Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Best Lawyers 2024 – Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Awarded the prestigious AV-Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- Named a Texas Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters
- Recognized by U.S. News and World Report’s Best Lawyers in America, Plaintiffs Personal Injury Litigation
- Named to the Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers
Community and Professional Activities
- Member of the State Bar of Texas (Litigation Section)
- The Christian Trial Lawyers Association
- The Texas Trial Lawyers Association