Manny Cabrera joined The Lanier Law Firm as an associate, in 2018, focusing on plaintiff’s civil litigation with an emphasis on asbestos-related injuries. He has extensive experience in federal and state district courts as well as appellate courts throughout Texas. His exposure to multiple sides within the courtroom has given Mr. Cabrera the benefit of a well-rounded insight of litigation and what assures justice on behalf of his clients.
- Member of the State Bar of Texas
- Member of the Houston Bar Association
- Member of the American Association of Justice
- Member of the Texas Trial Lawyer Association
- Member of the Houston Trial Lawyer Association
Prior to joining The Lanier Law Firm, Mr. Cabrera served as an attorney at several defense firms in Houston representing commercial clients, including Fortune 500 companies, on general personal and catastrophic injury matters within trucking and premises liability cases. He and his wife enjoy spending time raising their sons. In his spare time, Mr. Cabrera enjoys rooting for the Houston Astros.
- Part of the appellate team that secured the refusal by the Utah Supreme Court of a corporate defendant’s request for review of a summary judgment denial and allowing the case to proceed to mediation and trial, in June 2021.
- J.D. South Texas College of Law
- Bachelor from Hofstra University
- Admitted to practice law in all Texas state courts
- Admitted to practice law in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Admitted to practice law in the United States District Court for the Eastern, Western, Northern, and Southern Districts of Texas
- Recipient of South Texas College of Law Houston’s Outstanding Hispanic Graduate Award, 2015
- Honored as a member of the National Trial Lawyers, Civil Plaintiff Top 40 Under 40