Ms. Patrice Baumann McKinney with Lanier Law Firm has been elected to membership in the Fellows of the Texas Bar Foundation. Fellows of the Foundation are selected for their outstanding professional achievements and their demonstrated commitment to the improvement of the justice system throughout the state of Texas. Election is a mark of distinction and recognition of Ms. McKinney’s contributions to the legal profession.
Free Case Evaluation
10940 W. Sam Houston Pkwy N
Houston, TX 77064
Patrice is a member of the State Bar of Texas, Texas Bar Foundation Life Fellow, College of the State Bar of Texas, Houston Bar Association – HBA Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, Houston and Texas
Trial Lawyers Association, HTLA Board of Directors and Former Chair of the HTLA Women’s Caucus, HTLA 7th PAC Trustee, Christian Trial Lawyers Association, American Association of Justice, Academy of
Rail Labor Attorneys, Texas Women Lawyers, Association of Women Attorneys, National Trial Lawyers Association, and National Women Trial Lawyers Association.
She is a member of the Keenan Trial Institute Teaching Faculty.
Patrice is licensed to practice in all Texas state and federal courts and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Vice-President – Harris County Resources for Children & Adults Board
- Treasurer and Founding Member – Youth Development Center (YDC), an after school literacy program for children living in Houston’s Greater Fifth Ward. For the past 24 years, Patrice has ridden her bicycle several hundred miles in one week to raise funds for the YDC. She is the Former Chair and Co-Chair of the Impact Carnival, an annual event for inner-city children.
- Theater Under the Stars (TUTS) – Board member and member of the Executive and Nominating & Governance Committees and the Artistic Advisory Committee.
- Former Chair of the Board of Night Court, a 501(c)(3) organization benefitting other charities that provide pro bono legal services.
- Volunteer- Impact Houston, an inner city ministry serving the homeless, hungry, and hurting living in Houston’s most impoverished neighborhoods.
- Founding member of the Houston20 – An advocacy group that fights Sex Trafficking and aids victims.
- Senior Fellow – American Leadership Forum.
- Graduate – Houston, Texas, and America Leadership programs and the Center for Houston’s Future.
- Co-Chair – Houston Trial Lawyers 7th Amendment PAC Annual Meeting and Judicial Event
- Actor Participant – Houston Trial Lawyers 7th Amendment PAC Annual Meeting and Judicial Event
- Actor Participant – Houston Trial Lawyers Women’s Caucus 100th Anniversary Celebration – Women’s Suffrage
- Actor Participant – Houston Trial Lawyers 7th Amendment PAC Trivia Night Martindale-Hubbell – Silver Client Champion
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell – Super Lawyer – 2017-2022
- Cast Member – Inherit the Wind (One hour CLE Ethics credit for lawyers attending)
- Cast Member -12 Angry Jurors (One hour CLE Ethics credit for lawyers attending). Production promoted the Harris County jury system, the 7th Amendment, and jury service.