Ralph (Skip) McBride serves as Of Counsel for The Lanier Law Firm out of the Houston office. As a member of The Lanier Law Firm team, Mr. McBride represents commercial clients and individuals in real estate disputes, products liability lawsuits, oil and gas disputes, personal injury cases, construction contracts, trusts and probate matters and securities litigation.
Mr. McBride is married to Lucy and they have two daughters and sons-in-law and six grandchildren.
- Representing banks, energy companies and insurance companies in commercial and contract disputes
- Helped develop insurance, contingency fee and banking litigation practices
- Long-term experience in representing financial institutions, inventors, energy companies, individuals, investors, and service companies
- J.D. – Baylor University School of law, cum laude
- Bachelor’s Degree from Baylor
Admissions and Certification
Admitted to practice law in:
- State of Texas
- State of Arkansas
- US Supreme Court
- 5th and 11th Circuit Courts
- Southern, Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- US Tax Court
- Best Lawyers 2024 – Commercial Litigation
- Fellow of the Houston Bar Foundation
- Fellow of the Houston Bar Association
- Texas Super Lawyers
- AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
Community and Professional Activities
- Serves on the Audit Committee of the Memorial Hermann Health Care System
- The Board of Trustees of Houston Baptist University
- The Board of Trustees of Camp Eagle
- The Board of Trustees of The College of Biblical Studies
- Serves as a Director of Health Professionals Insurance Company, LTD (HePIC)
- Member of The State Bar of Texas
- Member of the Baylor University Law Review Association
- Member of the Texas Bar Foundation.
Board member or former board member of:
- Memorial Hermann Healthcare System
- Pride International, Inc.
- The Good Samaritan Foundation
- The Memorial Hermann Foundation,
- Fannin Bank
- SunBelt National Bank
- Camp Eagle
- Blue Bell Ice Cream