2829 Townsgate Rd.
Westlake Village, CA 91361
Hi, I’m Rachel Lanier and I’m managing attorney of the Los Angeles office for The Lanier Law Firm. One of my specialties as a member of The Lanier Law Firm trial team is getting a case ready for trial.
Even though a case can settle at many moments along the way from start to finish with a case, The Lanier Law Firm works up every single case as if it’s going all the way to the end to a jury, because that’s the way that you can best work up a case. So, one of my specialties is finding creative ways to appeal to jurors.
I studied psychology in undergrad and ever since then have had a fascination with it. I went to Pepperdine for undergrad and then went to St. John’s University for law school. I’ve been at the firm for almost 10 years and I thoroughly enjoy trying to make cases easy to communicate to a jury. So that’s certainly one of my specialties.
Rachel Lanier is Managing Attorney of the Los Angeles Office and member of the Lanier Law Firm Trial Team. She practices in the areas of personal injury, toxic torts, pharmaceutical litigation, mass torts, and product liability.
When she is not passionately advocating for her clients, Mrs. Lanier enjoys spending time with her family and exploring the Los Angeles restaurant scene.
$4.6 billion verdict
Co-led the trial work-up in Ingham v. Johnson & Johnson et al in Missouri State Court, where LLF represented 22 women who suffered from and/or died from ovarian cancer caused by talcum powder exposure and played a significant role in obtaining the unanimous $4.6 billion verdict on behalf of the plaintiffs. Mrs. Lanier was also extensively involved in the appellate work that led to the Supreme Court of the United States rejecting J&J’s appeal, effectively ending the case and leaving in place a Missouri appeals-court ruling against the company.
- On the trial team for the first bellwether trial in the National Prescription Opiates Litigation MDL 2804 that won a verdict against retail pharmacies operated by Walmart, CVS and Walgreens finding that they failed to follow guidelines that would have curtailed the distribution of highly addictive opioid painkillers.
- Part of the trial team for two trials in the DePuy Pinnacle Hip Implant MDL 2244 in the Northern District of Texas, which resulted in verdicts of more than $1 billion.
- Did considerable work on the Epipen Litigation MD 2785 before Judge Daniel Crabtree, a case that was ultimately resolved out of court.
- Currently represents hundreds of coal miners who are pursuing black lung cases against mask manufacturer 3M throughout Kentucky and West Virginia.
Admissions and Certification
- Admitted to practice law in California, New York and New Jersey
- Accredited attorney for the preparation, presentation, and prosecution of claims for veterans’ benefits before the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- J.D. – St. Johns University School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a Minor in Religion – Pepperdine University
- Best Lawyers 2024 – Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Plaintiffs
- Best Lawyers 2024 – Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Recognized as one of America’s Best Lawyers by U.S. News and World Report
- Honored as a member of the National Trial Lawyers, Civil Plaintiff Top 40 under 40
- Selected to New York Metro’s Rising Star List
- Recipient of the Dean’s Award for Excellent Service for her extensive pro bono work
- Selected as a 2023 Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyer
- Lawdragon’s List of X – The Next Generation of 500 Leading Lawyers in America – Plaintiff Personal Injury, Mass Torts, Class Action
Community and Professional Activities
- Co-lead counsel for the Gardasil MDL 3036
- Member of the Plaintiff Steering Committee and Chair of the Early Vetting Subcommittee in the 3M Combat Arms Earplugs MDL 2885
- Frequent Speaker at various Continuing Legal Education seminars and webinars, including the Annual Complex Litigation Symposium, Harris Martin Seminars, National Trial Lawyers, State Trial Lawyer
- Associations, and others
- Featured on the Great Trials Podcast and on the Case Analysis Program to discuss how she and other members of The Lanier Law Firm trial team secured the largest verdict in the U.S. in 2018
- Served on the 2019 Executive Committee for The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Served as a legal advocate for domestic abuse victims at the New York Legal Assistance Group
- Accredited Attorney for veterans’ benefits, Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Appointed to the Plaintiff Steering Committee for the Social Media JCCP Litigation
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, New York Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association
- Member, California Lawyers Association
- Plaintiff Steering Committee for JCCP 5255: Social Media Cases
- Plaintiff Steering Committee for MDL 3076: In re: FTX Cryptocurrency Exchange Collapse Litigation