West Virginia Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma is an aggressive cancer known to develop after repeated asbestos exposure. Most people with mesothelioma experienced repeated asbestos exposure at their workplace. If you’re suffering from mesothelioma, you might be eligible for compensation. Contact a West Virginia mesothelioma lawyer at The Lanier Law Firm to schedule a consultation.
You’re likely devastated if you or a family member received a recent mesothelioma diagnosis in West Virginia. Mesothelioma is a very serious form of cancer with unpleasant symptoms. While treatment can prolong your lifespan, it can’t cure the disease.
Unlike many other cancers, mesothelioma isn’t genetic, and lifestyle factors like alcohol or obesity do not cause it. The leading cause of mesothelioma is asbestos exposure, and West Virginians with the disease usually develop it due to on-the-job exposure. Family members who live with someone who regularly handles asbestos are also at risk of contracting mesothelioma.
Many employers in West Virginia exposed their workers to asbestos. Whether you were an electrician with American Electric Power, a miner at Consolidation Coal Company, or worked for one of the countless other companies in West Virginia that used asbestos, your mesothelioma diagnosis likely resulted from occupational asbestos exposure.
While no one can cure your mesothelioma, our firm can file a legal claim seeking financial compensation for your illness. To learn more, reach out to the West Virginia asbestos lawyers at The Lanier Law Firm.
How The Lanier Law Firm’s West Virginia Mesothelioma Lawyers Can Help You
The asbestos lawyers at The Lanier Law Firm work to obtain financial compensation for our clients through legal claims. The damages from a mesothelioma lawsuit can provide the money you need to pay for your medical costs, replace lost income, and compensate you for your pain and suffering.
We will begin the legal claims process by reviewing your case in-depth. We’ll seek to understand when your asbestos exposure occurred and who was at fault. Next, we’ll consult with your medical team to understand your prognosis. The information from our review will allow us to determine the appropriate legal strategy for your claim in West Virginia.
Once we have all the necessary evidence, we’ll file a lawsuit against the entity or person responsible for your asbestos exposure.
Valid mesothelioma claims typically result in a settlement or court verdict. You’ll receive the money you need to protect yourself and your family in the future as you navigate through your mesothelioma treatment process. You can trust The Lanier Law Firm with your West Virginia mesothelioma claim.
The Lanier Law Firm Delivers Results in West Virginia
The Lanier Law Firm has handled several successful mesothelioma claims in West Virginia. Take a look at our results in Kanawha County, West Virginia:
- $4,992,000 for the family of a career plumber and pipefitter exposed to asbestos on the job
- $3,245,500 for the family of a woman exposed to asbestos through her husband’s work clothes
- $2,190,900 for a laborer exposed to asbestos at various industrial and chemical facilities throughout West Virginia
- $1,450,000 for the wife of a U.S. Navy veteran exposed to asbestos aboard different ships
At The Lanier Law Firm, we’re devoted to our client’s needs. We push for the highest settlements and court verdicts available; we never accept less than you deserve.
Known West Virginia Employers
That Used Asbestos
We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of employers, including mines, shipyards, private employers, and military bases known for using asbestos. You may have a legal claim if you worked for any of the companies listed below in West Virginia and have a recent mesothelioma diagnosis.
- 3M – Middleway
- Allied Chemical – Moundsville, Nitro, Perkins, and Charleston
- American Electric Power – Moundsville and New Haven
- American Viscose – Nitro and Parkersburg
- AP Green – Charleston, Dunbar, and Parkersburg
- Appalachian Electric Power Company – Winfield, Switchback, Cabin Creek, Glasgow, New Haven, and other locations
- BF Goodrich – Institute
- Carbide & Carbon Chemicals Corporation (Union Carbide) – Charleston and Institute
- Columbia Southern Chemical (PPG) – New Martinsville and Natrium
- Consolidation Coal Company – Stringer, Owings, Wheeling, Byrne, Farmington, Shinnston, and other locations
- Corning Glass Works – Martinsburg, Paden City, and Parkersburg
- CSX Transportation – Huntington
- DuPont – Charleston, Washington, Belle, Parkersburg, Falling Waters, Institute, Clarington, Morgantown, and other locations
- FMC Corporation – Charleston, SpringHill, Parkersburg, and Nitro
- Foster Wheeler – Scary, Moundsville, and Newell
- Georgia Pacific – Pineville and Richwood
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber – Point Pleasant, Apple Grove, and Huntington
- Hoechst Celanese – Gallipolis Ferry
- Hope Natural Gas Company – Clarksburg, Smithville, Cornwell, Chelyan, Barren Creek, Hastings, West Union, Cabin Creek, and other locations
- Kaiser Aluminum – Ravenswood
- Koppers Company – Follansbee and Newell
- Linde Air Products Co. (UCC) – Long Reach, Moundsville, and Matrium
- Mobay Chemical Corporation (Monsanto & Bayer) – Natrium, St. Mary’s, and New Martinsville
- Monongahela Power – Fairmont, Willow Island, Albright, Haywood, Rivesville, Maidsville, Fort Martin, and other locations
- Monsanto – Spring Hill, Nitro, Charleston, and Institute
- Ohio Power Company – Moundsville, Charleston, Cresap, Captina, Scary, Graham Station, and Beech Bottom
- Olin Mathieson – Morgantown
- Owens Corning Fiberglass Corporation – Clarksburg and Huntington
- Owens Illinois – Huntington, Fairmont, and Vienna
- Pittsburg Plate & Glass (PPG) Industries – New Martinsville, Natrium, and Clarksburg
- Potomac Edison – Albright, Hedgesville, Shepherdstown, Harpers Ferry, and Millville
- Quaker State – Newell, St. Mary’s, and Congo
- Shell Chemical – Spring Hill, Canova, and Apple Grove
- Solvay Chemical – Moundsville
- U.S. Steel – Alpheus, Gary, and Pineville
- Union Carbide – Nitro, Institute, Sisterville, Charleston, Dunbar, Alloy, Long Reach, Hastings, Parkersburg, and Annmoore
- Virginia Electric & Power Company – Mount Storm
- Weirton Steel – Weirton, Browns Island, and Clarksburg
- West Virginia Pulp & Paper – Luke, Covington, Piedmont, and Cass
- Westinghouse – Fairmont
- Wyandotte Chemicals – Huntington
You may still have a claim if you don’t see your employer on the list and were exposed to asbestos elsewhere in the United States. Contact one of our West Virginia asbestos and mesothelioma lawyers at The Lanier Law Firm for assistance.
Top Mesothelioma Treatment Centers in West Virginia
It’s essential that individuals suffering from mesothelioma seek medical care from a qualified physician. Here are a few of the top mesothelioma treatment centers in West Virginia.
West Virginia University Cancer Institute
West Virginia University Cancer Institute, located in Morgantown, West Virginia, has several skilled physicians caring for mesothelioma victims. Your provider can advise you of the appropriate treatment, depending on the progression of the disease. The West Virginia Cancer Institute has the equipment and tools necessary to ensure you receive the best care.
Edwards Comprehensive Cancer Center
Edwards Comprehensive Cancer Center in Huntington, West Virginia, provides cancer detection and treatment services to mesothelioma patients. The Edwards Comprehensive Cancer Center is part of the Cabell Huntington Hospital and the Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine at Marshall University.
St. Mary's Medical Center
St. Mary’s Medical Center offers various services, including cancer treatment. It’s the largest healthcare facility in the Morgantown, West Virginia area. Patients can obtain a diagnosis and undergo appropriate treatment, including radiation therapy, at the hospital.
West Virginia Governmental Programs Concerning Asbestos
West Virginia has several governmental agencies with programs concerning asbestos removal and exposure.
West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection, Division of Air Quality
The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection has specific rules concerning the demolition and renovation of sites containing asbestos materials. All businesses, contractors, or individuals embarking on a project must ensure they receive the proper permits before starting the process. Specific guidelines can be found on the department’s website.
West Virginia Environmental Health Services
The West Virginia Environmental Health Services program oversees the state’s asbestos compliance program. All workers who handle asbestos must have the proper licensure and follow best practices. The program also provides outreach, education, and technical assistance for asbestos-related matters.
Statute of Limitations for Asbestos Lawsuits
Under West Virginia law, individuals receiving a mesothelioma diagnosis have up to two years after diagnosis to pursue a personal injury lawsuit.
Additionally, the loved ones of deceased individuals who suffered from mesothelioma may bring a lawsuit for wrongful death. To meet the state’s statute of limitations requirements, you must file a claim within two years of the date of your loved one’s death.
Speak With Our West Virginia Asbestos &
Mesothelioma Lawyers Today
Whether you’ve recently been diagnosed with mesothelioma or lost a family member or loved one to the disease, The Lanier Law Firm can help. Our West Virginia mesothelioma lawyers work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve for your losses.
Contact our firm today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.