The Lanier Law Firm Difference
The Lanier Law Firm was founded by Mark Lanier in 1990. Our firm has since grown to a staff of over 60 passionate attorneys in three states, each with decades of experience in all areas of personal injury law.
Our attorneys have successfully represented large corporations, insurance companies, and healthcare providers, but our real passion is to advocate for injured individuals, often against these entities. Our experience representing parties on both sides provides us with unique insights that help us win cases.
At Lanier Law Firm, we are unafraid to take on large healthcare corporations on behalf of individuals. We specialize in holding large corporations accountable who erroneously believe they are above the law due to their vast financial resources.
With offices in Houston, Los Angeles, and New York City, we represent clients throughout the nation. Our firm is well-known nationally for its success in winning historically large verdicts.
Our medical malpractice attorneys have successfully represented clients who were injured in a multitude of circumstances:
- Birth injuries
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
- Failure to diagnose
- Delayed treatment
- Medication errors
- Surgical errors
Our Proven Record of Success
Below are just a few examples of our successful medical malpractice case results:
- On behalf of a patient who was blind in one eye, who, after being left unattended in her bed with the rail down, fell and became legally blind in the other eye
- On behalf of a patient who was sexually assaulted by a hospital employee and whose report to nursing staff was ignored
- On behalf of a patient who received the wrong medication from a pharmacist, resulting in months-long hospitalization from hypoglycemic shock
- On behalf of a client who was left paralyzed when a surgeon failed to address blood that had begun pooling at the client’s spine during surgery
- On behalf of a client who contracted a severe infection caused by contaminated surgical instruments during rotator cuff surgery, in a case that received national attention after our investigation uncovered six additional patients who were similarly injured
- On behalf of a family in a birth injury case in which doctors failed to diagnose their newborn infant’s fractured skull, resulting in a fatal case of bacterial meningitis
- On behalf of the family of an elderly nursing home patient who passed away a few days after both legs were amputated as a result of the development of 20 pressure ulcers
Our Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Effective medical malpractice representation requires specialized knowledge in the legal and medical fields. At Lanier Law, we have access to the most qualified medical experts in the industry plus the benefit of decades of experience. Our lawyers have been repeatedly recognized as the best in their fields.
Judson (Jud) Waltman
Jud Waltman is the Managing Attorney in Houston over Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Product Liability and Maritime Litigation. He limits his practice almost exclusively to the representation of individuals who are victims of injury or death and has been awarded the prestigious AV-Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings and been recognized by U.S. News and World Report’s Best Lawyers in America, Plaintiffs Personal Injury Litigation among other honors.
Lawrence (Larry) Wilson
Larry Wilson has received numerous honors for his successes, including recognition by US News and World Report’s Best Lawyers in America, Thomas Reuter’s Super Lawyers, and Lawdragon 500 as a Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyer. He has achieved significant settlements and verdicts in multiple personal injury cases involving medical malpractice, sexual assault, discrimination, and automotive negligence.